We are currently recruiting for our next amazing hire as a Full Time Registered Respiratory Therapist in Ottawa, Ontario. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for delivery of Home Oxygen Therapy in Ottawa and neighbouring communities.
We are a locally owned and operated respiratory home care company dedicated to helping our patients breathe easier and sleep well.
Oxygen doesn’t have to set limits on mobility and the freedom to move. We’ve set out to provide the best portable oxygen concentrators (POCs) on the market and give patients the confidence that they’ll have a 24/7 oxygen supply while at home or away. POC’s are provided to all patients who qualify and are suited to use one. At InspiAIR, there is no “wait-list” to receive a portable oxygen concentrator.
We are locally owned, but we are also part of a growing network. Come join talented and like-minded people from across Ontario who care passionately about our clients and communities. Collaborate openly with peers to combine care for patients with improved quality of life through mobility. We value creativity and initiative as we work together to provide the best therapeutic support we can achieve. Best of all, we care for one another too. You can’t pour from an empty cup, and our caregivers are cared for by their peers and leaders alike.
Are you an experienced and motivated Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)? Can you confidently initiate Home Oxygen therapy and other respiratory services such as CPAP, AUTO, Bi-PAP, as prescribed by local health care professionals? Can you provide instruction & leadership to our patients, key-opinion leaders & InspiAIR clinical staff? Our RRT’s work directly with home care clients, referral sources and funding agencies to deliver the highest level of patient care possible. If this sounds like you, then we encourage you to apply now.
Key Responsibilities: (duties may include but are not limited to)
- You will be responsible for expanding brand awareness in your assigned market.
- Lead growth initiatives by promoting oxygen and PAP therapy and services to referral sources, including educational in-services to medical/healthcare communities.
- Manage all aspects of client relationships.
- Initiate the prescribed respiratory therapy in client’s homes including assessments, education. documentation and follow up to ensure equipment performance and client compliance.
- Provide troubleshooting with medical devices, maintain and clean equipment.
- Perform all job duties in compliance with standards.
- Provide guidance to team members on how to deliver service consistent with Customer Service Standards.
- Proactively recognize and provide training and development as needed.
- Fit clients with appropriate mask interfaces and CPAP units for home use.
- Obtain informed consent in order to initiate therapy.
- Facilitate payment by preparation of funding documents, maintaining knowledge of funding programs.
- Protect clients and employees by adhering to safety and infection control policies and protocols.
- Attend workshop/education sessions to ensure product knowledge is current.
- Prepare reports, on-calls and activities.
- Be accountable for maintenance and security of equipment used.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (CRTO) – ESSENTIAL
- Highly skilled in Cardio-Respiratory assessment.
- Portrays a strong image of professionalism.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to dynamically assess priorities & work efficiently to achieve desired outcomes.
- Well organized, keeping track of actionable tasks with precision.
- Strong sense of accountability to peers, patients and profession.
- Manages themselves well in situations of urgency.
- Habitual charting skills with clarity and detail.
- Steadfast commitment to all aspects of workplace safety.
- Recognizes their role as a Brand Ambassador for InspiAIR.
- Possesses a Class G license with a clean drivers abstract.
- Ability to independently lift and transport items up to 53lbs
- Can successfully pass a Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Possesses 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficient operating Respiratory Equipment (OCD’s, CPAP, PF’s and spirometry).
- Fluent English required (reading, writing and oral).
- Fluent French desirable (reading, writing and oral).
- Current CPR and First Aid Training is considered an asset.
- Technically proficient with Microsoft business tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), & experience with CRM/EMR systems.
We are looking for individuals who are customer focused, patient and detail oriented and organized with the ability to set priorities and follow through on tasks within tight deadlines. We are looking for team players.
A graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program, registered in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CTRO).
- Competitive salary.
- Equity opportunity for the right candidate.
- Extended health care.
- Vision care.
- Disability insurance.
- Dental care.
- Life insurance.
- Company vehicle
- Vacation & paid time off.
Equitable Opportunity Employer
We are committed to employment equity for women, indigenous people, visible minorities, LGBTQ2S+ and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates with the necessary qualifications from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Are you willing to undergo a Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check as part of your suitability screening?
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (preferred)
- English (required)
- French (preferred)
- Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract (preferred)